April 24th, 2012
Happy to announce Beta 3 of the Pogo SDK. There are a lot of improvements under the hood, but a few more visible changes are worth noting.
- Autoconnect - After being initialized, T1PogoManager will now autoconnect previously connected pens. This is great news for users, who no longer have to use a connection UI. A simple button press on the pen will start the connection.
- Drawing performance - iPad 3-specific parameters will be pushed to the pen to eliminate missed pen strokes.
- Enhanced pen scanning UI - Better instructions, and detailed info about the pen are now available, including realtime battery level. On a related note, the battery warning delegate method is now active and will fire once when 5% battery remains.
- API Change - If you've been allowing a bluetooth bridge for older iPads, you'll need to update your code to the following:
- [UPDATE] - Beta 3.1 adds fix to keep pens with older firmware from disconnecting when application enters background.
The updated SDK and demo project are available here.Tweet